full screen background image

Friday 24 December 2010

Meet Mary G!

Mary G. is the next Bombshell Girl to bask in the spotlight. She's been on the team for a while and keeps the Design Team inspired with special dt challenges!

Here's her interview:
1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
Hi, I’m Mary G. I live in Maryland along the beautiful Chesapeake Bay with my husband. We have one grown son who is a budding politician. I also have 2 “grandkitties”, Georgiana and Maggie. I work as an elementary school secretary in our local school, but before that, I spent 14 years working as a preschool special ed teaching assistant.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I’ve been stamping since about 2000, but I grew up with a crafty mom, so I did all sorts of other crafts before that including counted cross-stitch, crocheting, and needlepoint.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
Oh, dear…that’s a toughie. I think my all-time favorite set is Bombshell Angel. I fell in love with the pin-up because she reminds me so much of those painted ladies on the noses of World War II airplanes. I’m fascinated by nose art! I also love the girl from Ahoy, Sailor and now the new Western Gal image.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I’m mostly a card maker however I do dabble in scrapbooking on occasion. I love making stamped recipe pages.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
I LOVE to color my images and I absolutely adore Copic Markers!!!! I also love how Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol look, but I’m still learning with those! I haven’t quite “got it”, yet.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
I’m a simple stamper. I do lean more toward “cutesy”.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
Hmm- I don’t really know…I guess it all depends on my mood.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I LOVE to ride my motorcycle. I also enjoy going to craft shows, wandering through antique stores and yard sales, and I love anything old. I’m researching my family history and think it’s fun to learn about my ancestors. I also enjoy travelling and hope to travel to Great Britain someday. Cooking and baking are fun, too...but especially the eating part! Oh, and I LOVE me some Reese’s Cups!!

Facts about me:
• I was raised an “Air Force Brat”.
• I can recite all 50 states in alphabetical order.
• Laura Ingalls Wilder and Ulysses S. Grant are both my seventh cousins.
• I’m related to a “witch”-- my great-aunt Martha was hanged as a witch in Salem in 1692.
• I’m terrified of bats and heights!
• I LOVE pirates (and knights!!)

***

Now that you've learned more about Mary, I know you'll want to check out her fabulous Bombshell Gallery. Here's a link!

However, for your immediate gratification and inspiration, here are three of Mary's favorite cards!




1 comment:

  1. Simply gorgeous cards. I need to get me some of these stamps. TFS

    ReplyDelete