full screen background image

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Butterfly Queen Bracelet

I have a fun project to share with you today that I hope will inspire you to make things other then cards with your fabulous Bombshell Stamps. You may recall that the Bombshell Design Team had a challenge in December to make a project for you to vote for. I had made a bracelet. If you'd like to see my original blog post, please click HERE. I had gotten a great response from the bracelet, and I loved making it, so I wanted to make another. This one was a gift for my friend, Alex.

I started off with a plain wooden bracelet. I stamped my Butterfly Queen images on paper (not cardstock) with Staz-On ink. I Mod Podged the heck out of the bracelet and applied the torn out images. More Mod Podge. Lots more. After it was dry, and I liked the amount of coverage, I moved on to the really fun part!
I broke out my Distress Inks and started to play. First I swiped Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo on the whole bracelet (using a cosmetic sponge) to make it look old. Then I used my Cut-N-Dry Nibs to color in my images. I used Broken China, Tattered Rose and Mustard Seed. I applied it in layers, to build up the saturation of color.


After that, I added some rhinestones that were matte finish, so that they wouldn't stand out too much. They were applied with Scattered Straw Stickles.


Here is the bracelet in my hand so that you can see the size. It's about 2" wide. I think it came out really cool! I plan on making a lot more of these! Have an inspiring day!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's totally fabulous. I know Alex will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, this is so cool!
    I´ll mention about this on my blog so finnish girls comes to look at all great projects you have here!

    ReplyDelete