full screen background image

Friday 10 December 2010

New Feature! "Meet the Bombshell Stamps Designers"!

Hi all,
Bombshell Stamps has a fantastic and eclectic design team of eight full-time designers and six monthly guest designers that we call "pin-ups".

Over the next few months, I'm going to introduce each one of them to you through an interview. Plus, I'll link you to their blogs and galleries, so you can enjoy all the inspirational eye candy!

I'm going to start with Katie Shanahan-Jones, aka Glittery Katie, who is our Blog Captain as well as a technique queen!

1. Please give a brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family, etc:
My name is Katie I am a stay at home Mum to three children between nine and 14 years old and two bonkers Beagles!

We live about ten miles from the Dreaming Spires of Oxford, England. I am married to Karl, who I met at University in the first week of the first year 20 years ago! We've been together ever since! He's a very good husband who puts up with my crafting and stash mostly because he has a stash related hobby too (Model making) and therefore can't say ANYTHING!!!

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have made stuff since I was a child but got into scrapbooking about eight years ago and then into card making -- any excuse to stick pretty paper and play with glitter!

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
Ooh this is a toughie! It's like asking me if I have a favourite child (which I don't if any of them are reading this!!). I LOVE Retro Cowgirls because to me they sum up everything Bombshell. They are iconic American images, they are classic tattoos in Sailor Jerry's style and yet they are versatile and can be used for so many different projects.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I concentrate on cards because that shows the Bombshells off at their best, being the focal point but I LOVE to mix things up and use different media too. I've stamped and stitched Bombshells on fabric as well as made 3D cards and assemblages!

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
It has to be Copics! I started out with watercolour pencils then was brave enough to try ProMarkers but then because of the range of colours available I switched to Copics.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
Grungey and eclectic! I love to ink things up and distress them but like to throw in glitter or fabric as well!

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
It varies to be honest! Often I will start with a stamp I want to use and I'll simple colour that in and then construct the project around that image. However, I LURVE to experiment with new techniques, so sometimes I will work the stamped image to fit in with that technique. It really depends on what is my 'thing' of the moment and then I will go with the flow!

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
There are hobbies that don't involve paper and glue?! WEIRD!!! LOL! No. I love knitting and sewing. I've recently started patchwork and have made four quilts so far! I NEED to be creative and try new crafts, it's my therapy.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I almost always have inky fingers and glitter stuck on me somewhere!
• I had my first (small) tattoo at 24 and my second earlier this year- I'm having my third and largest so far in the New Year to celebrate the big 40th birthday!!
• I watch far too many kids' cartoons (I'm blaming my children for this) and sing along to lots of the songs from Phineas & Ferb -- in my defense they are VERY witty and sometimes are aimed at the parents watching!!
• Brandon Flowers of the Killers rocks and his solo album is THE BEST, but he looks like he needs a good meal!

Here are three of my favorites from
Katie's fantabulous Bombshell Gallery!

Enjoy!

Hugs,
Kathi








1 comment:

  1. Katie - All those are wonderful, but I UBERLOVE the cowgirl!

    ReplyDelete