Alison is one of our newer full-time Bombshell Girls. A true Bombshell, she does wonderful stuff with the stamps!
I was going to feature her first since alphabetically, she's the first of our three latest full-time Bombshell Girls. But I just realized today's her birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Alison!
Here's her interview:
1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
My name is Alison and I live on Long Island, NY. I have lived in the same town all my life. The only time I moved, I went from the house I grew up in to the house next door when I got married! My husband, Gene, is my soul mate and together we have two of the cutest kids in the universe! Phoenix, my son, is four and my daughter Rhiannon is two. We also have two mysterious black cats and a beautiful dog.
2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
Since I came out of the womb! My mother is insanely talented and crafty. Thankfully, she passed that gene on to me! I honestly don't remember a time that I wasn't crafting!
3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
My absolute favorite is Pirate's Life. I love pirates! She's just a cool and tough Bombshell. My second favorite is Bombshell Angel, because it is so versatile.
4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
There aren't many projects that I don't like to do! I have an art degree and I like to put it to work! Of course I love card making, but scrapbooking and silversmithing are deeply rooted in my soul as well.
5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
I just love to add color! My favorite medium would be my colored pencils. But I also love to work with markers (especially watercolor markers), Twinkling H2O's, Distress Inks, Glimmer Mist, and acrylic paint. I'll try anything when it comes to color!
6. Describe your crafting "style".
I always have a hard time with this question... My stamping style is eclectic, inky, distressed, and a little unexpected. I put ink on everything. I love to age things and tear up papers. Plus I love to work with unusual color palettes and weird pattern combinations.
Of course, I love anything creepy and spooky! Halloween is my favorite day of the year and I can never really “put away” that part of me! Yeah, you’ll see me doing cute things here and there, but my roots are definitely in the realm of the freaky! I really enjoy going for looks that you may not have originally thought would work together. I like to keep ‘em guessing!
7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
It really depends on what project I am working on. If I'm working with silver, I rarely sketch. But for cards I run the gamut with the processes I use! When I am working with Bombshells or other images I need to color, I always color the image first, then pick out all the other stuff later. Because I like to use all sorts of colors and pattern combinations, I never have a problem finding the othher elements I need to finish the project. I find that if I plan too much, I lose focus. I work better under pressure and organically. I need to let things just fall into place.
8. Do you have any other hobbies?
Aside from all of the different types of crafts I do? ;} I love to read, play video games, and play with my kids. Is playing with your kids a hobby???
9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I am a vampire fanatic. I love all things vamp.
• My current favorite genre of books is paranormal romance. Think vampires and werewolves...not Fabio. May I recommendd the Black Dagger Brother hood by JR Ward, please?
• I am a firm believer in life after death. Ghosts are our friends!
• Some of my favorite TV shows are The Cosby Show, Friends, Storm Chasers, NCIS, NCIS LA, The Vampire Diaries.
• Favorite movies: The Crow, The Lion, Chronicles of Narnia: The Witch and The Wardrobe, and Legend.
• I have 2 tattoos. One is a dragon's silhouette, and the other is my Dad's signature. I hope to get several more soon. The next will be one for my kids.
Feast your eyes on three of Alison's favorite Bombshell projects.
Now that those have inspired you, go check out Alison's blog and her Bombshell Gallery for more eye candy!