full screen background image

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Meet Ms. January -- Alaine Medio!!!

After a week's hiatus, let's get back on schedule with our interviews!!!

Meet our January Pin-up, Alaine Medio!!! Here's her interview!

1. Please furnish a brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
Hi all, my name is Alaine. I live in Knoxville TN, in the heart of all things Orange. That is kind of difficult for the Deep Maroon in me. I graduated from Texas A&M University in 1990 with a degree in Bioengineering. I work for a medical device company preparing documents and providing all the information to the government (ours and others) to get clearance to sell and ship these devices. I have two daughters - - one who just started college and is doing amazing, and one who is a 6th grade clogging dynamo. My husband encourages my creativity daily... mainly because it keeps me from pestering him to stop playing World of Warcraft every night. :lol:

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have been crafting all my life. I have ALWAYS loved to color. I remember getting the long tubes with the coloring posters and coloring them with markers as a child. They gave you about eight markers and we had to go buy more because that wasn’t enough. When I had children (OMG – it has been 19 years ago), I bought coloring books and crayons for them, then spent more time coloring than they did. LOL. I began scrapbooking about 12 years ago. For several years I scrapbooked. It was a creative outlet and was more than the memories saving… it was the way I could relax.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
Man - - this is a hard question, yet not. I love Butterfly Queen, with the flowy dress, and Retro Cowgirl with the boots and hat. Then there is the Bombshell Angel and all of her possibilities. But, WOW... the one set I tend to use the most is Sugar Skulls. I think that they are so very versatile, especially since I have a college daughter who loves all things tattooey. I have used these for a beautiful letter decoration for her room, cards, and most recently Christmas ornaments for her dorm room.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I tend to make cards. And then not mail them. They are in a huge basket in my "office". I give them away to friends and family occasionally for them to send out. I like to make Christmas ornaments and other "artsy - non-card things", but I tend to do the cards the most.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
A couple of years ago, I took a Copic class and I was hooked. I bought a “starter set” and went home. Like many, I discovered a new obsession and I had ordered about 20 new Copics online before the first night was out. About 3 months later I found out that they had a Copic Certification class about 2 hours away from me that was open to crafts people. YAY! I took that class and then went home and practiced, practiced, practiced. I have progressed to 222 markers (uh… not counting those I have accidentally purchased twice – my cousin loves me – or my refills I have bought). So I guess that would be considered my favorite coloring medium.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
Hmmmmm. My crafting style. Do I actually have a crafting style?? Psychotic? Frazzled? I think that the closest I can say is that I must have balance and symmetry. I like more clean straight lines, and distressing is somewhat distressing to me. This question confused me. So I took a quiz... LOL... Apparently I am simple and classic, with hip and modern backed up by sophisticated and elegant.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
I start with wanting to color a particular image. Occasionally a sketch challenge or theme kind of thing happens, but even then I start with an image. I then think what colors I want to use. Because of my Copic addiction, I now think in terms of B21 or YG63 as opposed to blue or green. Even when I am using a different medium like Stickles to color with. SIGH.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I cross stitch occasionally -- and by occasionally I mean every two to three years. But when I do it, I do it. Television is a major hobby. MAJOR. LOL... Other than that, I read a lot of romance novels. Not the stuffy "thoughtful, meaningful books"... just my lovely smut books that always have a hunky hero and a happily ever after no matter how nitwitted the heroine is!

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I freaked out my 11th grade English teacher by writing a paper on the Salem Witchcraft Trials and blaming it on LSD. (the trials and witchcraft craze - - not my writing :lol: )
• I have to have the tv on while I am crafting, and while I am cooking, and while I am reading, and while I am going to sleep, and basically all the time.
• I have killed Cacti and Jade Plants - both of which I have been told are unkillable plants!
• I LOVE romance Novels and LOATHE chick flicks!!! Yet, I cry every time I watch Armageddon. Like a baby!!!!
• IMO the best movie EVER is The Empire Strikes Back. It has EVERYTHING! Romance, Action, Humor, Hotness, drama, everything!!!

Here are three of Alaine's favorite Bombshell pieces!




For more inspiration, be sure to visit Alaine's blog and her gallery over at Bombshell Stamps!

1 comment: