full screen background image

Friday 4 November 2011

Bombshell Tutorial - Mini Notecard Tote

Greeting Fabulous Bombshells!  I'm here with you today to show you how to make a tiny notecard tote to hold four (or more if you choose) 3"x3" notecards. It would make a GREAT gift (SO EASY TO MAKE!!) for a teacher, neighbor, hostess gift, etc!!!
 You will need one piece of solid cardstock (or 2 if you prefer a solid tote) and one piece of designer paper. I chose to have Designer Paper as my tote base but you could easily use the same color cardstock or choose another solid color. That is entirely up to you!!

You'll also need a the following:
  • ruler
  • pencil
  • trimmer
  • scoring blade
  • 1/16" punch or piercing tool
  • 2 brads of any kind
  • whatever Bombshell stamp of your choice!

Here I've cut my tote base at 7 1/2" x 3 1/4",  I then cut what will become my tote sides (where the handle will attach) at 8 1/2" x 2 1/4", and lastly my handle at 8"x 1/4".  

Here are the measurements for where you need to score the tote base and sides. 

To embellish the tote handle I simply used a decorative border punch for the sides of the handle.


Now all you have to do is decorate!!  I've used Bombshell's Hula Girl.  Even though it's been snowy and cold here in the Northeast my thoughts are still in warm places!  =)
I colored her with my Copics.  I added my "Island Girl" sentiment and a K&Co rub on embellishment from which I pulled my colors.  I kept everything simple and sweet.  I sponged the edges with an ink blending tool and my Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

I made four 3"x3" notecards using Bombshell's Banner Sayings sentiment pack.  I LOVE this set! 
I hope you've enjoyed this fun and SUPER EASY tutorial!!  Just the thing when you need to whip up a little gift for someone!

Hope you all have a great and creative weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, girlie! This project is super! You're right, it would make a wonderful gift for a teacher, hostess, or even lovely little party favors for a bridal shower. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial :) Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete