full screen background image

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Perfect Pearls and Sugar Skulls

Hola mi Amigos!
Ms. August here, I wanted to share a groovy little card I put together using my fun "Sugar Skulls" stamp set! I once saw someone use them for a really cool background - they had heat embossed them in either black or clear on black paper and it looked soooo cool (sorry I can't remember who it was, but I'd like to give credit where credit it due, please let me know :-). At any rate I decided to take it a step further. I embossed them on black, in black and then painted them using Perfect Pearls and a water brush. I love they way the turned out! That's why the card design is even more simple than usual, I didn't want to cover my skulls too much.



It's very simple to do:
1. Take a bit of the Perfect Pearls powder and put it on your craft sheet. (you won't need much at all, a little goes a looooonnnnnggg way).
2. Take a water brush and get the Perfect Pearls wet, getting on the brush just like paint.
3. Paint your image - since it's heat embossed, it's easy to stay in the lines. If you do get some of the emboss, just wipe it off with your finger, it will come right off.

Tada! I hope you decide to give it a whirl!

Jodi aka Ms. August :-)

1 comment:

  1. The stamps are awesome!!!!I cannot wait to try them!!!! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete