full screen background image

Saturday 4 August 2012

Meet Ms. August!

Jodi Elam is Bombshell's Ms. August. Jodi's fabulous projects showcase her wonderful coloring skills and wonderful style!

Let's learn more about her through this little interview!

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
My name is Jodi Elam, I live in Brookville, Ohio in the USA. I have a fab hubby and fab creative daughter. I teach and work at Scrap 'N Friends (the local scrapbook store) and do freelance work from home.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I've been doing art forever, I didn't get into scrapbooking until about eight or nine years ago (I thought it would be a fun inexpensive way to show off my photography skillz! ha ha ha ha Isn't that funny?) I'd say I'm more of a scrapbooker, but since I discovered Copic markers, got certified, and now teach how to use them, I've been a bit more into the whole card making scene.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?

I LOVE the Pin-Up collection. I've always loved pin-up art and I've become a little addicted to tattoos keeping in mind I don't have any. I'm wouldn't be able to make up my mind what to get that I would like to look at for like ever. At any rate, I really like the retro look of all the Bombshells and I think they would go along nicely with some of my favorite Tim Holtz techniques.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?

I like creating anything I can color with my Copics!

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
See question 4.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
Hmm, describe my crafting style. Messy? Just kidding although I do like to make a mess. I don't get too terribly fancy, I like clean more simple designs.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?

Now that all depends. If I see a stamp I really like, I"ll work around it. I do like working with sketches as well. I feel like I have a bit more fun with those cause I don't have to work so hard. Ten of course there's times that I've seen a really cool technique (usually something Tim Holtz has done) and work around that. I guess you could say I'm a schizophrenic crafter.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I enjoy photography, music, really any kind of art.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I love soccer and hockey.
• I have a stack of cards I've made for various projects - I've not given any away (well, except one). I guess I'm saving then for a rainy day.

Now that you've learned more about Jodi, here are her three favorite Bombshell projects.



You've feasted your eyes on her projects and I know you'll want to see more, so here are links to her blog and her Bombshell Gallery!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on being Ms August.
    Your cards are gorgeous. You really are an awesome crafter.
    I've been absent from crafting for a while due to my father's accidental death and looking at your 3 cards today and your coloring made me want to go get in the craft room and do some coloring. Have a great month with Bombshell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Jodi!!! Hope you have a blast during your reigning month!

    ReplyDelete