A while back, I created this card that used stenciled flames as a background. Lots of people asked me how I did it, so here goes!
Bombshell Stamps: Let's Ride stamp
Flames 6x6 Stencil by the Crafter's Workshop
Ranger Distress Ink: Wild Honey, Spiced Mrmalade, Rusty Hinge, and Black soot
Removable tape, such as Ideology Tissue Tape
Blending Tool and foams or Sponge Daubers
Pale Yellow cardstock
• Using removable tape, tape cardstock to the craft mat, just to keep it stationary.
• Tape the stencil to the craft mat with a long piece of tape. The stencil will stay in place with the tape acting as a hinge.
Sponge Rusty Hinge Distress Ink over stencil.
• Lift up the stencil, taking care to keep it taped down.
• Lift the tape, move the cardstock over, retape (to keep it stationary) then continue to sponge Rusty Hinge Distress Ink through the stencil. Repeat until you have sponged flames over the width of the cardstock.
• Note that the is a lot of white space between the flames!
• Note the typo in my photo! Bad me.
• Sponge Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink over the stencil.
• Keeping the stencil taped to the craft sheet, move the cardstock, tape it down again, and continue to sponge ink until the cardstock has good coverage in both shades of Distress ink.
• Sponge Wild Honey Distress ink through the stencil.
• Keeping the stencil taped to the craft sheet, move the cardstock, tape it down again, and continue to sponge ink through the stencil until you're happy with the coverage.
• Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, and Wild Honey Distress inks have been sponged through the stencil and stretch across the width of the cardstock.
• If there are any gaps or if you'd like more flames, go back and sponge them in the color you wish.
•Sponge Black Soot Distress Ink through the stencil.
• Sponge more heavily along either edge and towards the bottom.
• Use a lighter hand as you sponge along the width of the cardstock.
• Stamp your image where desired. I used Onyx VersaFine ink, though Staz On might have given better coverage.
• I went back over the motorcycle using a black Prismacolor marker to darken the image.
Ta Da! The card, using September's sketch!
Thanks for visiting today!