full screen background image

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Meet Ms. July!

We're happy to welcome back Jenn Borjeson as our Ms. July. Jenn previously reigned as our Ms. January 2013 Pin-Up! Click here to read her original interview!

Since she already had been a Pin-Up, she was asked some new questions so that you can learn even more about her!

1) Way back when, your favorite Bombshell set was 'Til Death. Has this changed? If so, what's your new favorite set and why? 
OK you're going to laugh but I don't own the 'Til Death set, so I have no idea why I chose it as my favorite!  But I'd say my favorite set would have to be Man's Ruin because it's got so many of my favorite things:  booze, skulls, and roses.  hee hee  ;)

2) Let's talk favorites. What's your favorite color combination? Do you have a favorite paper company? What's your favorite embellishment? 
My fave color combo depends on what kind of images I'm working with. I love black and white with a pop of color, but I also love lime green with yellow, aqua, and oranges/pinks.  I love playing with color.  My favorite paper companies are Authentique and My Mind's Eye.  My favorite embellishments are charms and ribbons, but I also have a thing for buttons, paper flowers, and alpha beads.  :)

3) Now let's talk about paper crafting style! Do you have a favorite style? How has your style evolved over time? Is there a style you don't like or just can't do?  
My style has definitely evolved over time, but I don't know what to call my favorite style!  I like making 5.25 inch square cards, ATC's, and tags.  I like coloring with Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. I haven't colored with Copics yet but I'd love to learn.

4)  Do you have any tips for using Bombshell stamps? 

My tip is this:  If you don't have foam rubber to mount the stamps when you want to use them, try inking up the stamp and laying it down ink-side-up on your work surface.  Press your paper onto the stamp and rub with a ruler or brayer.  :)

5) Do you like to combine sets of Bombshell stamps and create scenes? 
I do like combining sets but I haven't made too many scenes as of yet. I'll have to try that out this month!  :)

6) Do you listen to music, watch tv, or prefer silence when you craft?  
I listen to country music.  :)

8) Where do you find inspiration?
I mostly find inspiration from blogs and Facebook.

9) When your mojo has departed the station, how do you get it back?  

It's hard when you're in a funk!  I look at challenge blogs or go shopping for some new papers - my addiction!  LOL

10) If you could give advice to a beginning paper crafter, what would it be?   

You'll get better and better as you continue to practice. Use the free tutorials and videos you can find on so many crafting sites. I've learned some fun techniques by doing that and learned that sometimes things that look really complicated are actually quite simple!  :)

Now that you've learned more about Jenn, here are three of her favorite Bombshell projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment