full screen background image

Thursday 7 July 2011

Meet me! I'm Ms. July!

Hi all! Our original Ms. July is missing in action, so I jumped at the chance to fill in for her.

I never did post my answers to the questionnaire that I posed to all the other pin-ups and full time Bombshell Girls, so here's my interview with myself.

****************

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
I'm Kathi. I live in NJ with my husband, daughter, and two cats.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I've been papercrafting since June 27, 2000 and stamping since July 2001.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?

Homeward Bound, Man's Ruin, and Banner Sayings are my current favorites. I love the ship in Homeward Bound. Man's Ruin has that awesome skull with the rose, plus the girl in the cocktail, which is my idea of a great way to ward off a hot flash. The banners in Banner Sayings add the perfect vintage touch to so many cards and projects.

I do love all my Bombshell sets and especially love to combine the stamps from different sets.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I like to create cards, tags, notebooks, and wall hangings. I haven't scrapped in eons.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
I'm a Copic ho, but I also love all pencils (pastel, watercolor, Prismacolors).

6. Describe your crafting "style".
I've always been told my style is cute. However, I think it's clean, linear, and layered with a touch of shab.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?

I usually start with a stamp set. I decide the color palette I want to use, find paper for it, then match the colorants to the paper. Then I decide what techniques to use and go from there. Sketches make the overall design easier, so I can use that too. I really like making my stamped set the focal point of a piece, so I try to keep the layers and embellishments as "supporting players".

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I read, watch tv, work out to music, drink coffee, drink wine, and bird watch. I usually don't do those all at the same time, though it amuses me to drink caffeine and alcohol at the same time.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I love music, but craft in silence.
• When I crave chocolate, all I need to do is buy some. I don't need to eat it. I wish I could do that with all food.
• I want to get some "ink", but am afraid it will just get all wrinkly as I age.

Now that you've read all this fascinating information, you can peek at some of my Bombshell work that the lovely and Glittery Katie chose for me since all my stuff is my favorite.







If you want to see more of my "schtuff", you can visit my blog and my Bombshell gallery!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the projects Katie picked on your behalf! I've never seen that fabulous tiny notebook before. Wonderful stuff, Kathi!!!

    ReplyDelete