full screen background image

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Butterfly Queen: One stamp: 3 Projects

Good day my Bombshell Beauties.

The sun is shining here today so I thought I'd share my latest creations.

I predominantly make cards, but like to try new things.

I set my self the challenge to use one stamp, one colour scheme
and create three very different projects.

The stamp set I chose was my current favourite Butterfly Queen
I adore this set as it has so much to offer.
The pin up is in a fabulously sexy pose, and there are two full butterflies, and a set of wings.
So much potential, it certainly gets my creative mojo working overtime.

On with the show.

I started by making a basic card.
I cut a tag from copic card using Tim Holtz tag and bookplate die
Then rather than just colouring the image,
 I stamped it, then added a clear mask over the top.
I used a clear mask as I wanted to see the contrast.
I misted it all over with Tattered Angels glimmer mists in Old Lace <3, Vintage Pink, and Creme de Rouge
I edged the tag with DI Black soot.

Once happy with the background, I coloured her with Copics.
I made flowers using TH die glassine paper sprayed with glimmer mists, and crumpled.
The frame around the sentiment is from the tag and bookplate die, again sprayed with glimmer mist.
Added a few embellishments and sparkle and Ta dah, all done.

My second item is a pendant :)

I die cut my shrink plastic using Nestabilities.
Stamped Butterfly Queen with stazon then masked her.
I reached for my trusty Tattered angels glimmer mist and sprayed lightly.
This is important as colours become much more vibrant once shrunk. I wanted to end up with a colour similar to the previous card.

I shrunk the plastic with a heat gun until it was fully shrunk.
I covered the stamped side with glossy accents, and added a butterfly at the top to act as an anchor for the chain.  Then while glossy accents were still wet I very gently tapped Perfect pearls around the edges,
A gold leafing pen would be better, but I don't have one.

Here she is all dry and finished

My final item is a gift I made for a friend who has been incredibly supportive over the last few weeks.

I have always admired, but never made a Gothic Arch or Triptych card, so decided to give it a go.

I used Ink stains with Roni's template

I covered both sides of the template with patterned paper that came free with a magazine.
and decorated it to look like a fairy forest.

I coloured Butterfly queen with copics, and masked bright pink wings onto her.
I used lots of magnolia die cuts
All of which I either cut from matching papers or tinged white paper with DI Worn lipstick.

I edged the whole thing with tissue tape, added a ribbon to hold it together, and finished it with a rosette and a pre made greeting which reads with love.

I finished it with stickles and sparkles.
I hope you like it