full screen background image

Sunday 6 May 2012

Mist and Mystery

I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue
And it's hey to the starboard, heave-ho
Look out, lad, a mermaid be waiting for you
In mysterious fathoms below



Every time I see this lovely lady I think of the Little Mermaid. I just got her in the other day and inked her up and colored her in, and of course she ended up with Ariel ish hair - although this is a little more orangey red. Although she is obdiously on the anchor of the ship or the prow... I still think of Mermaids encompassed in mist and mystery. When I originally chose the ribbon for the bow and the placement, I wasn't thinking about how this gave a little bit of mystery to the mermaid, but I love how it turned out. You can still see her through the sheer ribbon, and yet it shrouds her a little too.

Stamps
Mermaid Anchor - mermaid
Ahoy Sailor - sentiment

Hope you pop on back here on Wednesday for the Sketch challenge. I really liked it this month and the takes on it are so interesting - cannot wait for you to see them.  Then join us Friday for a wonderful tutorial!

Thanks bunches! ~~Alaine


1 comment:

  1. Its ea beautiful card! This is one of the sets I have on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete