full screen background image

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Meet Ms. December, Diana Gonzalez!

I'm skipping around a bit since I'm waiting for some responses, so here's Ms. December, Diana Gonzalez!!!

***
Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
My name is Diana, and I'm the Craftaholic! I reside in Brooklyn, New York, with my husband-the "fine artist" and musician, and my daughter, the trouble maker three year old.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I've been stamping for about four years, and crafting most of my life.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
I love the Butterfly Dreams set. And the Calaveras. So cool. Very Versatile. I love when stamp sets are versatile.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
Oh, I love practical things. I love art, but I love function. I like to blend a bit of both. Form AND function. You know?

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
Watercolors.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
I describe my style as "vintage city grunge" because I'm influenced a lot by my love of vintage goods, and living in NYC just inspires me fully.

My favorite artist is Jean Michel Basquiat. He actually influences me artistically a lot, but you can't tell much. I love that he created art on anything around him. Postcards. Dresses. Chairs. I love that.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
I never start with a sketch. I start with an idea that I have in my head, something for a swap,something for a friend as a gift, or something I need. Usually, that helps me visualize what to create. That is followed by some new crafty goodness that I'll buy, something I'll find in my stash, or a new technique that I want to try. I never start with out being able to visualize the finished project and actually I never buy a stamp set without visualizing how I'll use it either. If I can't visualize, I don't buy it. Because why bother, right? If I still come up nil, then I sit at my desk and stare for a while and think. Then I move to my couch with my second or third cup of coffee, and stare at my craft books (for some reason, I don't open them). Then, I usually get an idea. If not, I'll go out with my little one-the city always helps give me ideas.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
YES. Too many. I knit and crochet, bake, sew, do embroidery, jewelry making, soap making....that's mostly it. I think.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• Whenever I make art, my little one usually watches over me. Except knitting. That I do on the train.
• I like to recycle. I have so many rubber stamps, but for some reason, it's never enough.
• I love chocolate.
• I make art in silence or with my daughter playing her music. She's three. She's a firecracker.

***
Here's some inspiration from Diana's gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment