full screen background image

Thursday 31 March 2011

Goldfish Mermaid

     This is one of my favorite mermaid stamps it reminds me of my dad's tattoos.  He's a retired Sailor so he has a few interesting ones.
      I colored this image to look a bit like a goldfish.  I love koi - hmmm maybe I'm going to have to try a koi mermaid next.
      I had bought the paper for this card sometime last summer with the Mermaid Anchor stamp set in mind.  I like the idea of an ocean theme that is NOT blue, green or purple.  Part of the challenge for this card was to make the embellishments.  I punched two circles from the design paper and added acrylic page pebble stickers over them.   The fiber was something in my stash that I have been using for seaweed. Wish I had more but this was the end of it.  I used a bit of Xmas foliage for the sparkly seaweed behind the mermaid.  Next year I'm definitely going to have to hit the Xmas clearance for more and different colors.

3 comments:

  1. That sparkling foliage is the cherry on the cake! I like the unusual cilours you have chosen for this mermaid.Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you colored this. It reminds me of some vintage quilts with the colors you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me happy everythime I see this card! you did anamazing job with this! i LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete