full screen background image

Friday 23 May 2014

Canvas Tutorial

Hello Lovely Bombshells! Today I would like to share with you a fun tutorial on altering canvas using Gelatos, Creative Medium, mists and a stencil. Of course the canvas has to showcase a BOMBSHELL right? I used Rose's Portrait Stamp Set as the focal point.

 First, I gathered my supplies. Thankfully I found a great sale and was able to get most of this for 50% off! Woo-Hoo!
 First step, prime and color the canvas. I start with three Gelatos and Gesso.
 I randomly color all over the canvas with Gelatos.
 Next, I apply an even layer of Gesso right over the Gelato colored canvas.
 I wanted more color so I added two more Gelato colors and just rubbed them in with my finger.
 Once the canvas was to my liking in color I placed a stencil over it. I applied a thin layer of Creative Medium.
 This was the fun part -- misting! I misted a few different colors randomly over the canvas.
 I let it dry (set up a little) for a few minutes, but not to long because I did not want the stencil to stick to my canvas. This is what I got:
 As the canvas finished drying I stamped my image, Rose's Portrait, and colored her in with Copics. Once the canvas was dry I simply layered it with a frame and flowers.
Until next time -- HAPPY CRAFTING!

Betsie Gibson (Ms. April)

No comments:

Post a Comment