full screen background image

Thursday 1 May 2014

Meet Ms. May!

Valerie Wilson is Bombshell's Ms. May! Valerie's great coloring and design skills are sure to inspire you this month.

Here's a little interview so that you can get to know her a bit better!

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
Hi, I'm Valerie Wilson from the beautiful East Coast of Canada in the Atlantic time zone.  I live next to a lake about half way between the between the city of Halifax and the coastal village of Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have been crafting since I could hold a crayon.  In the past, I have jumped from one craft to another, but stamping has been a mainstay in my craft room since I caught the rubber bug in 2001.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to choose favorites - they're all awesome!

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?

I like creating projects that look complicated but use simple techniques - some might call that lazy! :)  When I can manage to think of something witty, I also enjoy injecting some humour into my projects!

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?

Hmmmm... that's a tough one.  Lately, one of my favorite ways to color an image is to stamp it multiple times on various papers, cut them all out, and then piece the full image in various papers.  I also enjoy using Copic markers, colored pencils with gamsol, or soft pastel chalks.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
My style is fluid.  I like incorporating a variety of techniques, playing with the latest tools,  and coming up with simple but eye-catching designs.  I like everything from vintage to cutesy and create projects in whatever style matches the mood I'm in.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
I like being inspired by something going on in my life.  I often start with an idea or a feeling and I stew on it a bit and try to visualize it from different perspectives.  Then I sit in my craft room and flip through my binder of stamp images until I find ones that go together to express my feelings. Once I have the stamps selected, I usually look for a technique, papers or layouts that pull the idea and the stamps together.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?

My list of hobbies is really long.  Other than rubber stamping, the ones I enjoy most often are crocheting, knitting, gardening, herbal studies, cooking, and baking.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
Other than paper crafting, my other addictions are chocolate, potato chips, bubble tea, television, staying up late at night, and "playing" on my laptop and iPad.

I would like to thank Bombshell for the invitation to be Miss May.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone's fabulous Bombshell creations during May!
Val :)
Stamps used are from these awesome Bombshell sets:
Lotus Garden, Banner Sayings

Now that you've read a little bit about Valerie, visit her blog to check out her artwork!



No comments:

Post a Comment