full screen background image

Friday 2 December 2011

Bombshell Tutorial - Winter Hat Gift Card Holder

Greetings fabulous Bombshell fans!!  I'm here today to show you how to make this ADORABLE  winter hat gift card holder.  It's CRAZY easy - and let's face it...it's the time of year where it's either easy or it doesn't get done!  

Let's start!

First you need two 5" circles.  One cut from designer paper and one cut from cardstock.  I used the pink leopard print for my DP and black cardstock to match.  
After you cut your 5" circles you then cut them in half.  You only need one half of the DP circle but both halves of the cardstock circle.  Adhere the DP half-circle to one half of the cardstock circle.  This is purely for stability.  

You need a strip of cardstock measuring 5 1/8 x 1 5/8 and a strip of DP measuring 5 1/8 x 7/8.  I used a border punch for my cardstock strip to make it a bit more decorative.  Adhere your DP strip to the cardstock strip.  Now you are ready to make the pocket for your gift card.  Place adhesive on the back of your cardstock/designer paper strip making sure the adhesive is as close to the punched border as possible.  This will give you maximum room for the space inside your pocket. 
Adhere this strip to the extra half of the cardstock circle that we had from the beginning.
Now you want to line up the designer paper half-circle in between the cardstock strip and solid background half-circle.  Snuggle it down right into that pocket.  Once it is lined up you want to use a hole punch - I used my Crop-O-Dile to punch a hole through the cardstock/designer paper strip and designer paper half circle.  Don't punch it all the way through the back.  
I attached a brad to hold the top of the hat onto the front cardstock piece in order for it to swivel...like this!
I needed a quick gift for a darling friend of mine who isn't feeling well so I pulled out my Bombshell Banner Sayings set (such a "go-to" for me) and ON SALE and used the 'get well soon' sentiment.  I stamped using my Momento ink and colored lightly with my Copics.  I made a pom-pom for the top adhering it with Glossy Accents and added self-adhesive rhinestones to enhance the brim of the cap a bit more.

Here it is open with the gift card tucked neatly inside! 
I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial today!!  Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. How cool is that?!? This is just like the hinged card that I've been wanting to try!! LOVE that pink animal print!! Thanks SO much, Meredith, for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I'm definitely going to make some of these.:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... This is awesome Meredith!! I love it and this will sure come in handy!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!!! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, such a cute idea! I wonder if I still remember how to make pom-pons? Thanks for sharing this great idea with us, Meredith! Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute idea..i would like to use it when design Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete