full screen background image

Thursday 29 December 2011

Steampunk Box

The Bombshell Design Team was challenged this month to create a "Hot and Steamy" project, Steampunk that is, using Bombshell images by our guest designer, Ms. December,  Torrey.

     I chose to use the Mi Amor image to work with for my project and added loads of cogs and gears to create a box for all my steampunk embellishments. The rings around the images eyes reminded me of the goggles that seem to be very popular with the steampunkers right now.  I think my favorite part is the little watch stopper I used as a handle to open the box.





















      I didn't get a side view of this box, but I used a spiffy gear embossed paper to cover them and it came out super fantastic.   The wooden box came from the dollar store and was first covered with distress inks before I began adding layers and embellishments.  A number of the gears came from Michael's, where I used a coupon to get a small bag which contained quite a few gears in different shapes and metals.   The clock face actually came from an old alarm clock my son disassembled and I just went through my boxes of metal bits to find other parts and pieces.

4 comments:

  1. I love this composition...it is intriguing to study and anything with the watch parts in great with me!!! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW cool! Love Bombshell and Steampunk...ya got me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary... This is just gorgeous... You did a wonderful job!!! Wowzers!!! Have a wonderful and safe New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize at first this was a box! GREAT idea to store all those little Steampunk-y embellishments!!! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete