full screen background image

Sunday 19 May 2013

Metal time!

I love working with metal and stamps!



Here is my take on Ms. May's cool challenge which was to use: the colors - Grey & Jade, Gold, Silver, White and the textures - Dry Embossing, Scrolls, Scallops, Satin Ribbons, Metallic, Glitter.


I managed to use: metal, dry embossing, satin ribbons,scrolls, silver, jade and white!


First I covered my tag in foil tape and embossed around the edges and pressed a pencil into to to form rivet holes so it looked like metal plates fixed together.

I painted jade paint all over it, left it for a couple of minutes then wiped it over to remove a lot of the paint.
When the jade paint was dry I added a spritz of white paint to calm the jade down.



For the motorbike I stamped Live to Ride onto a square piece of foil with Staz-on ink then I used an embossing tool to go around the stamped image.

When I had embossed around the image I ran a textured wheel tool around the edges of the foil to give it a machined look.
To give an oiled look I wiped Staz-on around the edges of the foil square and the jade tag!
I added a couple of Tim Holtz Idea-Ology gears and tags to the tag and coloured some satin ribbon with Jade and silver paint and I was done!
Thanks to Marnie for a great challenge!

Happy Crafting!

GlitteryKatie xxXXXxx

1 comment: