full screen background image

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Let's Play Dress Up!

I have a new obsession. I have discovered digital stamps. I have been having lots of fun playing with my Bombshell Angel set and all the fun digital Dress Up stamps that have been created to go with her. I am not a techno savvy type gal when it comes to creating art with my computer. So, for those of you out there who are like me here is how I do it.
 
First, download the digital stamp set(s) into your pictures file on your computer. Next, go to the picture file, find the new digital stamp set (the thing you just downloaded) and click on it. Then find the print key at the top and hit that.

 
Once you have it open in the new screen, click on the two 4 by 6 option. 
 Next, click on the "Fit picture to frame" box.
 Now, hit the "Print" Key. I use a flat white cardstock to print my digital stamps on. It tends to hold up better when I color them in!
 I usually go ahead and print two sets on one paper (I don't want to waste paper after all! Or at least that is what I tell myself) and cut down the center until I am left with this:
 Stamp your Bombshell Angel on another piece of cardstock and decide which outfit you want to dress her up in. Then color the part of the Bombshell that will be showing and just leave the rest white. I color in my outfit making sure I use the same skin tone on both the outfit and my bombshell.
 
 
Cut out my outfit and lay it over the bombshell so you know what you need to trim off of her.
 Now, cut out the part of the bombshell you will be using and toss the rest.
 Here is the fun part! Go ahead and piece her together.
 Make sure you use adhesive down the back of her in a couple different spots. We don't want her falling apart in the mail on the card! I always like to coordinate her with another stamp set I have. The digital Biker Bombshell set works great with any of the hot rod sets! I used the Vintage Motorcycle to go with my Biker Babe.
Here are a few other cards I have made over the last few days with a few of the different digital stamps sets.
I would love to see what you create with your digital stamps. If you have not played with them yet, I encourage you to do so! They are economical and versatile!
 
Until next time -- HAPPY CRAFTING!
 
 

2 comments: