full screen background image

Saturday 5 May 2012

Meet Ms. May!

Jennie Harris is Bombshell's Ms. May! Seriously talented, she shows a flair for combining colors and texture in her projects.

Let's learn more about her in this little interview!

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.

Hi, I'm Jennie, but you can call me "Miss May". I live in Swansea, Wales in the UK. I am married and have a pet dog that thinks she is human called Gem.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?

I have been creative as long as I can remember. I spent my childhood playing with paper dolls and creating my own outfits for them.
I had been mainly making jewellery over the last few years but discovered Tim Holtz in early 2011. I just loved the grungy, distressed looks he created, so had to have a go. I haven't looked back since.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?

Oh now this is tricky, I love every set I own. My favourite three are:
Mans Ruin I love that the Party Pin-up is so versatile and suitable for cards for ladies and gents.
• Girls RuinI especially love paper piecing the pin-up with self adhesive glitter film. I like to use her for gal's cards, especially for a special birthday.
• Last but not least has to be Bombshell Angel. I like to make her fabric dresses or paper piece her underwear. I use her mainly for cards for ladies who have a cheeky side.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I mainly use my Bombshells for making greeting cards but have made jewellery with them too. The images work so well on shrink plastic.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?

I am a die hard Copic girl. I been steadily building my collection and upgrading from Ciao to Sketch for my favourite colours. I am "trying" to teach myself water colouring with distress inks too but haven't mastered it yet. I love trying new things.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
Messy, lol. No I guess I am a big fan of vintage romantic looking pieces. I like to distress and add lots of flowers which I give an aged look. I just love using Vintage looking paper collections too.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
First I choose my main image, then paper, and embellishments. I do it this way so I can colour the image to tone with the papers. I then colour my flowers and ribbons to match. Colouring is my favourite part.

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I do indeed. I have been making jewellery for about five years now. I create whimsical pieces using lots of butterflies, dragonflies, and flowers.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• My husband and I love watching movies. My favourites are creations by Tim Burton, and Quentin Tarantino. Not together -- obviously that would be very strange. • I collect Hippos.
• I hate the sound of ticking watches and clocks.
• My favourite colour is purple and I wear lots of Skull jewellery, which is quite the opposite of the jewellery I create.
• I love to listen to music as I make my cards. I listen to a lot of Alternative Eighties music, mixed up with Amy Winehouse, Avenged Sevenfold, Faith no More, and the Beautiful South.

Now that you've learned more about Jennie, prepare to be inspired by her three favorite Bombshell creations!




Here are links to Jennie's blog and her Bombshell Gallery!

2 comments:

  1. Wow,absolutely love the bottoms up card!!! going to check out Jennie's gallery!thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the cards are AMAZING... but that first one makes me EEEEEeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!!! Love LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete