full screen background image

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Meet Ms. April!

Teresa Abajo is Bombshell's Ms. April! Teresa has been published many times, teaches, and has a very eclectic style, which you're sure to love.

Here's a little interview so you can get to know her a bit better!

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
My name is Teresa Abajo, and I live in Melbourne, Australia with my family - husband Sam of 14 years and three children. As if the four of them didn't keep me busy enough, we also have a dog called Max and some stick insects.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have been crafting for about 25 years. I consider myself a cardmaker/stamper, but I also dabble in scrapbooking, book making and some off the page/mixed media projects. I'll try anything but I'm happiest when it involves pretty paper.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?

My favourite Bombshell set is Bombshell Angel. She's the classic bombshell image - wouldn't we all love to look like her?!

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
Cards for sure! Well, anything I can make and customise for someone special. They're my favourite projects.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
Copic markers. I even think in Copics! If I need something quick and easy, I'll reach for my watercolours or lately my Distress Markers.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
This is tricky! I find myself working in a number of styles. I would have to say I like working with distressed layers the best. I find clean and simple really difficult, but I like to challenge myself so a good portion of my work turns out clean and simple.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
It really depends on why I'm creating a particular project. I try to tailor it to the recipient, so I might start with a stamp I know they'll like, and use a technique I think they'll find interesting. When I get really stuck, or I've planned a long night of crafting, I like to make a quick card to warm up, so I'll reach for a sketch. I love them!

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
This hobby is all-consuming (cash as well as my time!). My friend taught me to knit last year, so I've been knitting scarves like another ice age is going to hit. I also love wet felting and when I'm all crafted out I'll sit and watch a funny movie.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
• I concentrate best at night after everyone has gone to sleep, so I often operate on just a few hours' sleep.
• My favourite drink is Coke - my addiction is well publicized.
• I can sing really well (unless someone else is listening and then I develop problems with pitch and I forget lyrics).

Now that you've learned a bit more about Ms. April, feast your eyes on some of her Bombshell projects!






Here are the links to Teresa's blog and to her Bombshell Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment