full screen background image

Sunday 17 April 2011

Red Hot Hearts and Skulls

Hey there everyone. I hope you all had a GREAT weekend. My oldest daughters birthday was last Friday. Yes - we call her our little income tax deduction since that is the day taxes are typically due in the US! I used the spicy Bombshell Sacred Hearts and Sugar skulls together to make this card. I really like to mix and match, and I can almost always find a way to mix in the Sugar Skulls with the other stamps. :-)

I colored with Cx greys, R2x and B2x. I then cut them out, and then used Crystal Effects on the top to make them shiny! I stamped on black paper the sugar skulls with Imprintz White, and embossed with white. I mounted the hearts on the top of this with pop up tape.


Then on the inside I repeated the excercise, and stamped in black on white the sugar skulls, slightyl askew. YAY... I had a birthday card for my daughter!
I hope you all enjoyed this little inspiration. I think it is really neat to use different sets of the Bombshell stamps together. They don't always have to be used alone.
Have a great week, and MAKE SURE you check back on Wednesday for the Blog Hop and fun times! See you then.

MissAlaineous

4 comments:

  1. I must say, I dont have EITHER one of these sets... but now that I seem them used... I may have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! The images look ready to jump off the paper. The inside is just as cool as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! Black and red go so well together!
    I'll bet your daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete