full screen background image

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Ms. April's Challenge

Bombshell's Ms. April, Betsie Golden, has set this month's challenge which is "Junk It!" Use junk mail, packaging, bottles, and boxes and upcycle it with your Bombshell stamps.

It is now spring and warm in my part of the country and I wanted to make something that reflects that. I used the "Hawaiian Girl" stamp set for my project. As I was going through my junk mail this page in my daughter's catalogue (she is 11 and loves clothes with animal print and anything blue, but that has nothing to do with the challenge. It is just useless information.) jumped out at me.
 The colors, style and tropical feel inspired me to use this as the base of my project. Originally I was going to make a card, but I remembered that I had a junk drawer in my craft room full of cool boxes that I have collected over the years. I found a box that originally came filled with lovely chipboard. I just could not get rid of the box because I knew one day it would make a darling shadow box, so it has waited patiently for about 7 years to be used.
 Between my two pieces of junk I came up with this little wall hanging using Bombshell's Hawaiian Girl set.

 I am not quite sure what I am going to do with it, maybe send it out as happy mail or display it in my house.

Make sure you upload your take on the challenge and post your link in the comment section :-)

Kathi using the Butterfly Dreams set and recycled corrugated cardboard.


Kim using Dead Necessities & a recycled chipboard box and old spiderweb confetti.









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment