full screen background image

Thursday 19 September 2013

Wacky Holidays - Talk like a Pirate Day!!

Ahoy, Mateys! 'Tis the 19th of September, which only means 1 thing.... Talk Like a Pirate Day! Alison here, and I am you Cap'n for the day. Me hearties, I am expectin' to see some fine beauties today from me hands, and even landlubbers such as yerself. Need to decode me speak? Take a gander below and visit here: http://www.tide-mark.com/pirate_dict.html

Ahoy- Hello!
A Fine Woman-Beauty! preceeded by 'me'
Avast-Check that out!
Arr!-Yes, I agree, I'm happy, used on most occasions!
Aye Aye- right away
Bilge Rat- an unpleasant fellow but used in a humorous way with friends
Scurvy Rat-as above
Grog- Beer, Rum, Merlot!
Lubber- someone not joining in with Talk Like a Pirate Day!

So to parrrty like Pirates, TLAP has a fun Facebook Page and we have created a ruckus with our Bombshell Stamps, so use yer deadlights and enjoy the loot.










Fair winds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment