full screen background image

Friday 28 March 2014

Mini Journal Page Background

Sharon aka Ms October here sharing a quick and easy but effective way of decorating a journal page to add your Bombshell Stamps to!

A few months ago I shared this little mini journal page and thought for today's Fabulous Friday Tutorial I would show how I did it!


Firstly I "gessoed" my page just to prevent any seepage onto the page behind.

Then using a baby wipe - I love these - so quick and easy to cover the entire page with your background colour. I have a set of little tubes of acrylic paint which I love to use on my journal pages.


Then I chose a red colour and used a sponge applicator over this Heidi Swapp stencil.


I used another stencil which is from The Crafters Workshop to add some circles to the bottom corner of the mini page using black paint.


I love the look of the 2 different stencils together.


I finished the page by sponging some white paint around the outside just to soften it a bit and now you have a page all ready to decorate with your Bombshell Stamps like the blue themed pages above. I stamped the image on card - from the Love and Luck Stamp Set - coloured it with Copic Markers - fussy cut it and adhered to the top of the page. The wording was handwritten.


Hope you can have some fun with your journal pages and Bombshell Stamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment