full screen background image

Friday 3 June 2011

DOUBLE DIAGONAL POCKET CARD THAT OPENS

Hello everyone, Kelli here with a tutorial for you.  The DT have decided that we are going to post a tutorial every Friday and sometimes you’ll get two!!!  As I generally don’t do tutorial’s I decided to bite a big bullet and post the first one!!!  I have wanted to learn how to make this card since I received one in a RAK some time ago.  The one I received didn’t open and I like my cards to open so I tweaked it a bit for my liking.  I hope you enjoy!!!!
image
List of Ingredients:
One 81/2” x 11” piece of patterned paper (I used Girls Night Out: Ooh La La by We R Memory Keepers)
Scissors
Adhesive (I used red lined double sided tape)
Ruler
Paper Scoring tool
Additional cardstocks, embellishments and stamps to decorate the front of the card with. I used 3 Bombshell Stamp sets, Bombshell Angel, A Pirate’s Life, and Cherry Bomb.
INSTRUCTIONS:
image
STEP 1: Score the long side of the patterned paper and score at 4 ¼ and fold in half.
image
STEP 2: Turn the paper 90 degrees. Score at 5 ½ and fold in half.
image
STEP 3: Unfold the paper and cut the line from the left edge of the paper to the middle.
4image
4Aimage
STEP 4: Fold the bottom right corner so the bottom edge meets the center score. 4A: Fold down the top left corner, leave 1 ½ “ room from the edge of the folded down edge to the center vertical fold line…
image
STEP 5: Fold the top left side over to the top right side.
image
STEP 6: Fold bottom up.
image
STEP 7: Fold left side back towards right side to form card.
Once you have all of your fold made and have done a dry run to make sure everything works out, now is when you use your adhesive.
image
STEP 8: Unfold the card and add your adhesive to the top left corner and bottom right corner as shown. Remove red liner and fold as in steps 4 and 4A.
image
STEP 9: Once you have made those folds add more adhesive as shown above. Remove red liner from adhesive and fold as in Step 6.
image
Continue with step 7 until your card looks like this!
image
Finish as you like. I used 3 different Bombshell sets and made tags for my pockets.

5 comments:

  1. Great toot, Kelli! Fab card and kewl paper ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your tutorial and love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, Kelli! I will totally need to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!!! I love these cards because you can put tags or ATCs in them, it's like getting a card with presents!!!

    ReplyDelete