This month's pin-up is Emily Wilson, who is a talented and enthusiastic paper crafter!
Here's a brief interview with her so you can get to know her a little better!
1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
I am Emily Wilson, but if you ask my Dad, I am "Emily Ann Wilson -- the first and the only". But you can call me Em. I am from the heart of Mendocino County, Redwood Valley California. I am a SAHM of a four year old Gremlin, I mean daughter, my baby bombshell named Diem, and the current pet owner to one proud mama cat and her three kittens. I am a college graduate with two Bachelors of Science degrees in Secondary Physical Education and Exercise Science and Wellness with three endorsements: Coaching, Health, and Special Education. I plan on going back to school to get my Masters in Athletic Administration, and possibly Body Mechanics. Call me an over achiever if you may!
2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have been crafting apparently for as long as I could hold a crayon, but stamping, only about two years... almost three.
3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
My Favorite sets. Rise and Shine is hands-down my favorite! But if you looked at this particular set, and my Bombshell Angel set, you can tell they are both very well loved. I think they are permanently stained.
4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I love to take photographs, doodle, write, and make my cards. Sometimes, I try to do it all at the same time ;) My friend Drew, who I make a lot of my cards for, jokes and says I am a "Jill of all trades".
5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
I love my SU and my few Prismacolor markers. I haven't ventured out too far. I like to stay to my comfort zones. I need to find someone who can get me out of them sometimes.
6. Describe your crafting "style".
My style. Oh man I am awful at describing my style. I am COLORFUL, non-matching, and ________ fill in the blank. You decide. :) And get back to me.
7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
My process. Usually it starts with the stamp or colors I like. Then I pick the paper and just let it flow. Typically I don't follow a sketch,.
8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I am a huge sports fanatic. I am actually obsessed with College sports, Ice Hockey, Soccer -- both American and European. I love photography. I take my camera everywhere. I want to learn how to paint... CORRECTLY!
9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you
• I love to quote movies in every day conversation.
• If you were to look into my closet, you would see that almost all my clothes are ORANGE.
• My favorite number is 10.
• I have what I call... Virgin Skin... meaning I HAVE 0 TATTOOS.
• I am addicted to sending mail. I love to send it more than receive it.
• Finally... I am always... Full of random facts.
Now that you've learned a little more about Ms. June, feast your eyes on some of her favorite Bombshell cards!
To see more of Emily's gorgeous work, check out her blog and her Bombshell Gallery!