full screen background image

Friday 16 November 2012

Create your own background paper - tutorial

Hi all!
 
It is so rewarding and fun to make your own background paper,here is one of the techniques I use.
( warning- it can get messy!!)
Needed:
Glossy photopaper
Distress inks
Mica powders
Distress stain (I used picket fence)
small Bombshell stamps
You also need a brush or old toothbrush for splattering,sponging materials,mister,and something to fixate the mica powder with.

First sponge the paper with Distress ink in 2-3 colors you like, do it random. I used Tumbled glass and Tattered Rose.
Then stamp with the same color ink the small stamps ramdom and all directions.Don't let it dry. Before the images are dry,swipe them with mica powder in a matching colour.
 

 
Continue that with the other color also and stamp everywere on the sheet.
Brush off excess mica powder and fixate it.
 
Use the Picket fence distress stain to create splatters and stains.
I used an old toothbrush.
 
With the lid of the distress stain and tops of markers,I stamped circles on the paper.Different sizes of circles.
Not to neatly! I put some picket fence ink on my craft sheet and then use that as a inkpad.

 
Splatter with a matching colour distress ink,or Ecoline.This is the finished result, it's is a pity you can't see the effect of the mica powder. In real it looks so much nicer then on those pictures,sorry!
 
I use the paper to make a card with it,put picket fence distress stain around the edges.
 
This is the end result.
Enjoy your weekend!!
Crafty greetings,
Stempelientje.


2 comments:

  1. great tutorial. you always make the best background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and tutorial! I especially love the splatters!

    ReplyDelete