full screen background image

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Confessions of a Bombshell Girl!

Hi GlitteryKatie here!
I loved Cassie's Confessions Challenge this week- have you played along yet?
My true confession is a secret dream I have....you known those glorious black and white movies with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers where they are walking down the street and suddenly the music starts and a HUGE song and dance numbers begins...I want to do that!!
And the best bit of the movie is the spectacular musical finale where the heroine gets to strut herself in a gorgeous frock and sweep the audience and hero our their feet!!

So with this in mind I created a stage for my ultra glamorous Bombshell Butterfly Queen to appear and of course she's dressed in her beautiful gown with LOTS of feathers!

I experimented a little by stamping onto Bazzil Kraft cardstock- I liked the effect although it absorbs copic ink more than Neena cardstock, given a second or two the colours came through in subtle shades!
The background is an embossing folder by Darice embossing a piece of Kraft cardstock and wiped over with a pale pink inkpad to highlight the design!
I've used the new Tim Holtz Rock Candy dry glitter liberally for Hollywood glitz and glamour!

Bombshell Butterfly Queen Stamp
7gypsies Printery Paper
Darice Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two  
Copic Ciao Markers
VersaMagic ink pads
Hero Arts alphabet stamps
Ranger Rock Candy glitter

I hope you enjoyed the challenge, remember to play along and leave a comment on the blog for a chance to win your own Bombshell stamp set!

Happy Crafting!
GlitteryKatie xxx


  1. Ooh, Katie! This is so soft and lovely! What a beautiful card, and a wonderful confession!

  2. Great card! I love the vintage feel of it.

  3. Wow - you totally rock, you have such a cool and unique style, love it!