Cassie Schissel Barber is our Ms. November. She brings wonderful coloring and design skills to her artwork.
Here's her interview so that you can get to know her better!
1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
My name is Cassie and I am 31 years old. I live in Thornton, CO. I work in a University Law Library. I am a mother of nine-month old boy and wife to an amazing man.
2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I started scrapbooking when I was 17 years old. My first nephew had just been born and my sister went to get some supplies for his scrapbook and I was hooked. Other paper crafting followed a few years later.
3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
I love the pin up collections. I have always been drawn to old pin up photos as art and I was so excited when I first found Bombshell Stamps! They were exactly the kind of stamps I was looking for.
4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I like to make cards, scrapbook pages and I love to alter canvases and other items.
5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
6. Describe your crafting "style".
I really like to use a lot of distressing techniques, but at the same time I think I have a pretty clean-lined style. I don't tend to use tons of embellishments, but I do think a few well placed ones can make or break a page. I think I have a pretty versatile style though. It changes a lot from project to project and I usually let my mood at the time dictate how the final project will look.
7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
It depends. A lot of the time I will start with a sketch, but usually if it is a scrapbook page I start with a photo and then go from there. With cards I frequently start with a stamp set I want to use.
8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I like to read, I love to bake and decorate cakes and I am just getting in to photography.
9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
I am a pretty laid back person most of the time. I operate under a live-and-let-live mentality. I also try to be kind and thoughtful to others.
Now that you've learned a bit more about Cassie, check out some of her cards!