full screen background image

Monday 11 April 2011

Birthday Bombshell

Birthday Bombshell


I just love making tri-shutter cards.  It doesn't matter what your skill level is or how simple you make them.  Tri-shutter cards always come out looking awesome.

I made this one for a friend of mine in college.  She is a real live bombshell and as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside.  Pink is one of her colors so I used an awful lot of it.  I think this is the pinkest card I have ever made.  Pink is one of my least favorite colors but for some reason I have a major box full of pink "stuff" and I'm always buying more.  Maybe I like pink more than I think?

This card used loads of different pink rhinestones and glitter on this card.  The stamp image is the Bombshell Angel stamp and I paper pieced a part of the background paper as her swimsuit.  I had the darnedest time trying to come up with the right pattern on her swimsuit till I tilted the paper.  I was really pleased with the result.  The Sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set.  I don't remember what set as I have disassembled it and sorted the stamps into different categories.

1 comment: