full screen background image

Wednesday 13 April 2011

Vintage Butterfly Queen


This is one of my newest Bombshell Stamps, Butterfly Queen.  I couldn't wait to play with her, in fact, I had the papers all picked out and waiting for her to arrive in my mailbox. My poor postman is becoming used to being stalked.  I am going to have to give that man something special for Christmas this year, Valium maybe?

At any rate,  I thought these papers gave my image a vintage look and I loved adding all the bling and flowers.  Homemade flowers are new for me but I think I am beginning to really learn their charm and they will be showing up more often.  I actually stamped this image in two different colors of ink.  I used a sepia for the main image and then I used Stazon for the paper pieced skirt.  The sepia ink just wouldn't show in the pattern.
I did two different wing styles before I settled on this.  The other was gold embossed and a rose metallic.  It just didn't fit the image in my head.  I did add the rose metallic to the spots on these wings though it is hard to see.  After I cut out my image and went to place it on the background, I decided it was too stark and added some flourishes in Milled Lavender Distress ink. 

2 comments:

  1. I love her Mary! You did a great job on her,I love her wings also.And I like yhe bright and cheerful colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Mary!! Great texture and beautifully colored!!

    ReplyDelete