full screen background image

Sunday 10 April 2011

I have been inspired!


Greetings from sunny Northern California!!!

I recently saw the "If The Shoe Fits", Girl's Ruin post by the spectacular Sparkly Engineer, Mary; and it inspired me to pull out this set and get to work on some birthday cards. I never realized how many friends I have and or family members with birthday's in April. It is one of my most birthday filled months by the looks of my planner! I am always looking for new ways to get more uses out of my lovely ladies, and as much as I have no patience for paper piecing, I decided to take a chance with this set. Honestly.. I love how it turned out! I mean who wouldnt want a crazy patterned heel? (As this comes from a crazy Californian who wears flip flops everyday!!) This card that I have featured here is probably my favorite one out of the three I made this evening, and it was also the first one. I personally love the flower in her hair, as I love wearing my GIANT flower hair clips in my hair. The lucky birthday recipent of this card is a breast cancer survivor, and I wanted to incorporate as much pink in there as possible with out making it too cutesy- bubble gum- pink. I am sure she is going to love it!! :)


Now here is a picture of all three that I made this evening. **Sidenote: Sorry it is a terrible photo. ** I cannot wait to make more of these lovely ladies. :) I love how unique each one is, as they do incorporate the same colors, but neither are identical. They have made me change my opinion on paper piecing. Enjoy your weekend, and take some time for yourself :)                                                 


xox- Em <3

4 comments:

  1. They look beuatiful Emily! You did a great job on the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis fabulous. Your paper-piecing looks terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love that paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just luv those shoes. I think I need a pair.

    ReplyDelete