full screen background image

Monday 25 April 2011

Modern Vintage - Bombshell Style

Ok... at least this is my take on modern vintage! :-)
I love the black and fuschia combo. I keep gravitating to the pink and black shades.  Every time I look at the Girls Ruin stamp I imagine her going up the stairs. . . so I had to try my hand at it. I seriously contemplated doing a side, stair step card, but I just couldn't get it to look the way I wanted it to.

I used Copics to color the lovely lady. I tend to color more with the lighter, darker then blend technique, and that is what I did here. The shoe and her accessories (Uh... clothes) are colored with RV63, 33, 39. Her skin is E0000, E000, E00, E01 and R20. I colored her entire body up first, including under her hose and top, as if they were not on... to get the shading right. Then I went back over the hose with the grey C1, C3. It gives a little bit of the skintone showing up through the hose.  The black part of the heel is C3, 5, 7, 9.

Once I was done, I kind of went Embellie Crazy. The bottom  black swirls are from Jolees, and the cameos were some buttons that I cut the back off of. Added a couple of dark fuschia flowers, and voila... Vintage looking - only modern.

Hope you liked this little bit of inspiration! Keep coming back to see what the other Bombshells are putting together.  And for more inspiration head on over to the Bombshell Gallery and look at all the fun you can have with these lovely ladies!

5 comments:

  1. Love the colours
    Feel a shopping spree coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous, Alaine!!! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine,

    Absolutely beautiful. Love the color scheme. The steps is a cute idea. All the embellishments are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous and gorgeous.! Thats all i had to say.

    //TessiBessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! How'd I miss this. Fabulous coloring. Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete