full screen background image

Friday 8 April 2011

Meet Mary, aka Sparkly Engineer!

Mary, aka Sparkly Engineer, was Ms. November. Somehow her interview got lost in the shuffle via a state of shared confusion. Now Mary is one of the full-time Bombshell Girls! Mary is seriously talented and makes awesome projects that reflect her engineering skill as well as creativity galore!

Here's her interview!
1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
I am Mary Anne also known as Genghis Mom to the members of the Harmon Horde. I am married to my knight in black matte leather -- Johnny Luv. We live happily ever after modified by real life.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I have been stamping for about 12 years. I really began getting serious with it about six years ago and I think within the last two years I have finally begun to produce some stamping art.

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
My favorite bombshell sets are, uhmm, this is hard. I truly like them all although the pinups are my absolute favorites. I find the western stamps appealing the most because I have a western background -- dad's a cowboy, but then again, I really like the mermaids -- remind me of growing up a navy brat, or maybe it's the hula dancers from my time in Hawaii or Cherry Bomb since I have a passion for tail art or .... OK I give up all the pinups are my favorites.

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I like to do lots of different projects. I like making gifts for friends. I love to do the anything-but-a-card thing. But most of all I enjoy making cards. It's why I started stamping and what I still enjoy the most. I love to receive mail and I love to send mail. Email is great but something fun in the mailbox cannot be beat.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?
My favorite coloring medium is Prismacolor pencils with mineral spirits. I am experimenting with Copic markers but only as they add to the Prismas. You cannot beat the cost or the color ranges.


6. Describe your crafting "style".

I really didn't know what to call my stamping style so I asked the horde and they call my style "Glittery Pop". I love glitter and bling and I am always layering and popping up parts of my cards.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
When I start a card I usually start with the stamp and then go through my papers for colors to match and add embellishments as I go. If I'm doing something other than a card usually some object inspires me, an empty bottle, and wooden barrel, a bottle cap, in that case I ususally match the stamp to the object. Generally it takes me several hours to figure out a card or project. Once I have a design in my head I can finish up fairly quickly.


8. Do you have any other hobbies?

As far as other hobbies go, I just haven't had time for them this past year or two. My mom was pretty sick. When I have time, I enjoy riding the motorcycle with Johnny Luv, biking with my youngest daughter, and I really want to get back to my Kendo. I miss it quite a bit.

Now that you've learned more about our Sparkly Engineer, feast your eyes on some of her favorite Bombshell projects!






I know you'll want to see more of Mary Anne's fabulous art, so check out her blog and her Bombshell Gallery!

5 comments:

  1. I just love your style, Mary. Beautiful work!

    The bottle is particularly gorgeous - did you attach the image to the front of the bottle or manage to get it inside somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stamped the mermaid, colored her, cut her out, added her to acetate which I then rolled and put into the bottle. I adjusted her using a skewer and long tweezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle's my favorite too. I fell in love with your crafting when I saw that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Mary those are some AWESOME projects! Love that bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! Welcome to your pin-up month! I love all of your work and know that you have lots of great stuff on the horizon for us. By the way, your featured projects are amazing!

    ReplyDelete